The devastating effect conflicts have on education was the focus of UNESCO‘s 2011 Education For All Global Monitoring Report. The 2012 EFA GMR Report “Youth and Skills: Putting Education to Work” will be officially launched on October 16, 2012. Here is a recent article by Prof. Alan Smith who worked on the 2011 report: http://efareport.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/conflicts-are-one-of-the-biggest-barriers-to-education-for-all/
- “Victories over Violence, Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls,” a practitioners’ manual
- What Next For Afghanistan?
- Re-thinking gender in peacebuilding: new International Alert report
- Women, Men, and Peace: new issue of the Alliance for Peacebuilding online publication
- Afghanistan: rebuilding girls’ education after decades of conflict